- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 envelopes chili seasoning mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups corn chips
- Sour cream, minced fresh cilantro and additional chopped onion, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; stir in chili seasoning. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Pour tomatoes and tomato sauce over turkey.
- Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until heated through. Stir turkey mixture to combine. Top with beans. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with chips. If desired, serve with sour cream, minced cilantro and additional onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Upside-Down Frito Pie in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p27
Reviews for Upside-Down Frito Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review