Upside-Down Cranberry Crunch Recipe
Carol Miller of Northumberland, New York notes. "When celebrating special occasions with friends, I often serve this sweet-tart dessert."
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- 1. Place the cranberries in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup sugar and pecans.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, butter, flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over cranberry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean. Run knife around edges of dish; immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 414 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC