Upside-Down Cranberry Crunch Recipe
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- 1. Place the cranberries in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup sugar and pecans.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, butter, flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over cranberry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean. Run knife around edges of dish; immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 414 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Upside-Down Cranberry Crunch
"I prepared this as written and was well pleased! Definitely a recipe we will make again!"
"I just made this and was very disappointed. It is like a pancake. I think it should have had some baking soda or powder or something. I am very disappointed that I wasted these ingrediants."
"This is a hit! Everyone who has eaten it loves it. I usually make a recipe-and-a-half and turn it into a 9x13 cake."