- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a well greased 13x9-in. baking pan, layer the walnuts and berries; sprinkle with sugar and gelatin. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in marshmallows. Pour over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Upside-Down Berry Cake
Sort By :
I have made this cake twice, and it turned out fabulous each time. Marshmallows make the cake a lot lighter. When I serve the cake, I offer some whipped cream to put on top. Wonderful.
Did not look appealing. I should have just baked the cake then put the fresh fruit on top although it tasted good it did not look appetizing. Would not make this recipe again
This recipe was amazing! Made it for Fourth of July and everyone loved it! Instead of a cake mix, I made my own from scratch and it came out perfect. Also, I used artificial sweetener, and added black berries into the recipe. It is fantastic!
I thought this cake was awesome! The flavor of all the berries was quite good. I used extra berries (can you really have too many? ;) I also used pecans because I don't like walnuts but I think next time I make it I will not use any nuts. I really like the flavor of just the berries and the cake. I will be eating a lot of this without a doubt.
Made this cake tonight. I just mixed sugar directly into fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries), let the fruit make it's own juice and poured directly into the glass cake pan, sprinkled nuts on the fruit, and mixed the marshmallows into the batter, did not use gelatin. Oh so moist and yummy. My son and husband gobbled it up. Will definitely make again.