Upside-Down Berry Cake
This cake is good warm or cold and served with whipped topping or ice cream. It's very moist with loads of flavor and can be whipped up in just minutes. Enjoy! —Candy Scholl, West Sunbury, Pennsylvania
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a well greased 13x9-in. baking pan, layer the walnuts and berries;
- sprinkle with sugar and gelatin. In a large bowl, combine the cake
- mix, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on
- medium for 2 minutes. Fold in marshmallows. Pour over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto
- a serving platter. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 276 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.