This cake is good warm or cold and served with whipped topping or ice cream. It's very moist with loads of flavor and can be whipped up in just minutes. Enjoy! —Candy Scholl, West Sunbury, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a well-greased 13x9-in. baking pan, layer the walnuts and berries; sprinkle with sugar and gelatin. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in marshmallows. Pour over top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Upside-Down Berry Cake in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Upside-Down Berry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review