- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 slices process American cheese, halved diagonally
- Green pepper rings, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and mustard. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine dry baking mix and water until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 9-in. circle.
- Place over meat mixture. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge to loosen biscuit; invert onto a serving platter. Arrange cheese slices in a pinwheel pattern on top. Garnish with green pepper rings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Upside-Down Beef Pie
Sort By :
"I've been making this since the recipe 1st came out. My kids and now grandkids love it. Simple to make but looks fancy. I always make double,lolThese also are always a big hit at teens and kids parties. I usually make this on Halloween along with tortilla chili, chicken cutlet hands and eye ball stuffed shells. I always tell ppl with fussy eaters about this recipe and the kids gobble it down!"
"This is such a great idea! I had my doubts as to what it would look like when I flipped it upside down, but it was perfect! I added some of my own seasonings and it was delicious. I definitely will make it again, maybe with other meat mixtures!"
"great fast middle of the week recipe"