Upside Down Banana Cake Recipe
Because this starts with a cake mix, this is a fast and easy dessert to make. Plus, it uses up your ripe bananas and tastes great!—Lois Schlickau, Haven, Kansas
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- Whipped cream
- 1. Place butter in a 9-in. square baking pan. Heat at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until melted; sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange bananas in pan; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour over bananas.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert cake onto a serving platter. Let stand for 5 minutes; remove pan. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Upside Down Banana Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC