Upside-Down Bacon Pancake Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Maple syrup and butter, optional
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Remove drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. Return bacon to pan with reserved drippings; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine pancake mix and water just until moistened. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm with maple syrup and butter if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Upside-Down Bacon Pancake
Sort By :
A favorite in my house. I've added oats to the mix and its really good. Very hearty.
I made this pancake for my kids before school today. It was the best pancake I have ever eaten. Made pancake in a cast iron skillet. If you are really on the ball, using cast iron even cuts cooking time. It also really doesn't even need syrup because of the brown sugar. The only drawback I could finds is I now need two identical size cast iron skillets because you want more than one slice! Denise Saltsburg, PA
What size skillet did you use (tryng to convert to using an oven proof baking dish, Thanks
I agree with some of the others about it being very sweet. However, I LOVED the pancake being so fluffy. And don't count out this recipe just because you don't have a pan you can bake in as well - I used a skillet to fry the bacon, then put the ingredients into a round cake pan to bake.
This was very simple and very good. Everyone loved the sweet and salty taste of the bacon with the brown sugar.