Upside-Down Bacon Pancake
Make a big impression when you present one family-size bacon pancake. The brown sugar adds sweetness that complements the salty bacon. If you can fit more bacon in the skillet and want to add more, go for it. —Mindie Hilton, Susanville, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups Bisquick® Mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Maple syrup and butter, optional
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until
- crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Remove
- drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. Return bacon to pan with
- reserved drippings; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine pancake mix and water just until moistened.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting
- onto a serving plate. Serve warm with maple syrup and butter if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without syrup and butter) equals 265 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.