- in. beyond edge; coat the foil with cooking spray. Combine 4
- tablespoons butter, brown sugar and pecans; spoon into prepared pie
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg
- and remaining butter; toss gently.
- On waxed paper, roll out one ball of pastry to fit pie plate. Place
- pastry over nut mixture, pressing firmly against mixture and sides
- of plate; trim to 1 in. beyond plate edge. Fill with apple mixture.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim
- to 1/4 in. beyond plate edge. Fold bottom pastry over top pastry;
- seal and flute edges. Cut four 1-in. slits in top pastry.
- Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until apples are tender and
- crust is golden brown (cover edges with foil during the last 20
- minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary).
- Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Invert onto a serving platter;
- carefully remove foil. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over pie.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 613 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.