- Coat a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray. Line bottom and
- sides of plate with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray
- and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; stir in pecans.
- Arrange in the bottom of prepared pie plate with rounded sides of
- pecans facing down.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit
- bottom and sides of pie plate. Transfer to plate; press the crust
- firmly against pecans and sides of pie plate. Trim edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon. Add
- apples; toss to coat. Fill crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit
- top of pie; place over filling. Trim and seal edges. Cut slits in
- Place a foil-lined baking sheet on a rack below the pie to catch any
- spills. Bake pie at 375° for 60-70 minutes or until golden
- brown. Carefully loosen the parchment paper around edge of pie;
- invert hot pie onto a serving plate. Remove paper. Cool for at least
- 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 791 calories, 44 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 96 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.