- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Roll out one pastry to fit the pie plate; place over pecan mixture. Trim pastry even with edge of plate.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla until blended; spread over pastry. In large bowl, combine the apples, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger and remaining sugar; pour over cheese mixture.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Upside-Down Apple Cheese Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p137
Reviews for Upside-Down Apple Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2014
"So good! It was gone in no time, because everyone wanted seconds."
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2010
"Give me another piece of pie!"