- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Roll out one pastry to fit the pie plate; place over pecan mixture. Trim pastry even with edge of plate.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla until blended; spread over pastry. In large bowl, combine the apples, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger and remaining sugar; pour over cheese mixture.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Upside-Down Apple Cheese Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p137
Reviews for Upside-Down Apple Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2010
Give me another piece of pie!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >