- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound beef tenderloin roast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Cook and stir beef, half at a time, for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Season with pepper. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually add broth, stirring until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet and heat through. Serve over pasta. Top with green onions and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Updated Beef Stroganoff in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Updated Beef Stroganoff(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >