- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine rice and broth. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Saute the onion, zucchini and garlic in drippings until tender. Add scallops; saute for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, seafood seasoning and thyme; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until scallops are firm and opaque. Fluff rice with a fork; serve with scallop mixture. Sprinkle with green onions and bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Unwrapped Bacon Scallops
Sort By :
We Had this for dinner tonight, minus the onions (I can't digest them), and it was wonderful. Restaurant quality. You will not be disappointed.
The entire family from the oldest (65 yrs) to the youngest (16 months) loved this recipe. I had to use bay scallops but it was still delicious.
Loved this recipe, great for a quick summer dish. I substituted cajun seasoning for the seafood seasoning to give it a bit more zip.
This is an awesome dish, we are going to try substituting the scallopes for crawfish the next time we make it. We also want to try it with shrimp. Hats off to to the Chef!!