Unstuffing Side Dish Recipe
With sausage, mushrooms, celery and the perfect blend of seasonings, this moist dressing is irresistible. I like to call it "Unstuffing" since it bakes separately from the turkey, which I do on the grill. -Ken Churches, Kailua-Kona, HI
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes or dry cubed bread
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the butter, mushrooms, celery and onion; cook for 3-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl; add stuffing cubes and enough broth to moisten.
- 2. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until browned. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 259 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 951 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC