- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green peppers and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over the top. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Unstuffed Peppers
Sort By :
"I have not made yet prepared this dish, but it sounds easy & tasty. Since one reviewer mentioned that it was too tomato-y', I'll try using a bit more rice, and some more ground beef.... in order to cut down on that aspect. I'll also add a large clove of minced garlic (in step 2) and a handful of frozen corn (which I always add into my stuffed peppers). I'm looking forward to making this 'Unconstructed Stuffed Peppers' dish."
"I made this recipe almost to the letter, except I used ground turkey and just a touch of beef bouillon to give it more of a beefy flavor... WAS SO GOOD!!! Husband asked me to make it again soon!"
"This recipe is great but I made quite a few changes...first I used ground chicken rather than beef... i did sautee the onion and pepper with the chicken...even after the chicken was browned I continue to cook the mixture covered for about 25 min to allow the peppers to soften...then added lots of garlic and Italian seasoning. ....a small can of mushrooms...and used a store bought sundried tomato sauce....as for the rice I added chicken bouillo about a half teaspoon for added flavor...and I used cheddar cheese....n topped it with the breadcrumbs....I Will make it again thank you so much for sharing..."
"This was too tomato-y for us so I will not be making it again."
"What a fantastic recipe! I used "no salt added" tomato sauce instead of marinara, due to needing to cut back on salt. It tasted WONDERFUL without as much sodium. I will certainly make again!"