- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, soup, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice and heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Unstuffed Pepper Soup
Sort By :
"When I told my husband what I was making for diner he made a face. Once he tried it he loved this soup. Very easy to make, and it does taste just like stuff peppers. it is a new favorite in our house."
"Leave the mushrooms out"
"Simple, delicious and tastes just like stuffed peppers without all the work. Perfect as is."
"Just finished a bowl of this wonderful soup * It does taste like a stuffed pepper. I cut back on the amount of tomatoes by one can.Love the taste and rough texture that this one offers * I used Sausage instead of ground meat. That is what I had on hand. Did I mention the smell ? Divine. Made it for dinner, ate it for lunch !JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"This soup taste just like stuffed peppers, but is much easier to make! It has the perfect amount of flavor. My kids loved it!"