This is a wonderful weeknight meal because it is put together so fast. It has a slight Mexican flavor but it is not over-powering.Diana Filban, Cut Bank, Montana
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (28 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef and onion; drain. Stir in cabbage. Cover
- and cook for 5 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender. Stir in
- tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes
- longer, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.