Unstuffed Cabbage Recipe
- TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium head cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large skillet, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over rice mixture; mix well. Shape into 36 balls, about 1-1/4 in. in diameter. Add to simmering sauce.
- Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. Uncover and cook for 15 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Unstuffed Cabbage(3)
Sort By :
It was very good and easy to make. I did not put raisins in it that just seemed wrong.
I did mix half ground beef and half ground pork sausage for the meat balls.
Will definitly make this again and pass the recipe on to others.
It was worth trying. Good to make once in awhile
It was worth trying. It was very good. I added hot sauce to make it alittle spicey.