- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 6 sweet red pepper slices(1/4 inch thick)
- 6 pitted ripe olives
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Place six 10-oz. custard cups upside down in a shallow baking pan; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with butter; place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 minute. Place a tortilla over each custard cup, pinching sides to form a bowl shape. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Remove tortillas from cups; cool. Combine spinach, ham, mushrooms, cheese and onion; place about 1 cup in each tortilla bowl.
- For umbrella handle, cut off a curved end from each red pepper slice; insert straight end into olive. Place in center of salad; arrange salad ingredients to hold handle upright. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Umbrella Salads in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p59
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Umbrella Salads
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >