Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Grease a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish with the butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, milk, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook just until bubbles begin to form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes; pat dry with paper towels. Layer half of the potatoes in prepared baking dish; top with half of the cream mixture and half of the cheeses. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 402 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 538mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes
"I have been making this Ultimate Scalloped Potato recipe since I saw it in the TOH magazine. My husband and I absolutely love it. I follow the recipe and it has always come out great. I have served it to guests who always go back for seconds. Thanks Glenda for sharing this wonderful recipe."
"Found this recipe and thought I would try these for my large dinner party. I must say I was extremely disappointed as were all my guests! Even though I mixed the cream, milk, etc. and just brought it to bubbling around the edges...the finished product still curdled and looked gross!Even the flavour was not exceptional and I had added rings of onion and crumbled bacon. I think I will stick to my own recipe of scalloped potatoes. Thanks anyway....."
"So awesome-ly delicious! My whole family absolutely loves these. I also add bacon and onions. Portion control goes right out the window when these are on the menu!"
"These are the best scalloped potatoes, and the only ones I make any more! My daughter LOVES them and asks for them all the time!"
"These are awesome. I've substituted with other cheeses and had excellent results. I also add sliced onions and crumbled bacon. Yum!!!"
"I made this recipe as written with one change. I didn't have Swiss cheese so I used cheddar. It was fantastic! I will never make scalloped potatoes with cream soup from a can ever again. This recipe is easy and delicious!"