Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Grease a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish with the butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, milk, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook just until bubbles begin to form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes; pat dry with paper towels. Layer half of the potatoes in prepared baking dish; top with half of the cream mixture and half of the cheeses. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 402 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 538mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes
"I have been making this Ultimate Scalloped Potato recipe since I saw it in the TOH magazine. My husband and I absolutely love it. I follow the recipe and it has always come out great. I have served it to guests who always go back for seconds. Thanks Glenda for sharing this wonderful recipe."
"Found this recipe and thought I would try these for my large dinner party. I must say I was extremely disappointed as were all my guests! Even though I mixed the cream, milk, etc. and just brought it to bubbling around the edges...the finished product still curdled and looked gross!Even the flavour was not exceptional and I had added rings of onion and crumbled bacon. I think I will stick to my own recipe of scalloped potatoes. Thanks anyway....."
"So awesome-ly delicious! My whole family absolutely loves these. I also add bacon and onions. Portion control goes right out the window when these are on the menu!"
"These are the best scalloped potatoes, and the only ones I make any more! My daughter LOVES them and asks for them all the time!"
"These are awesome. I've substituted with other cheeses and had excellent results. I also add sliced onions and crumbled bacon. Yum!!!"
"I made this recipe as written with one change. I didn't have Swiss cheese so I used cheddar. It was fantastic! I will never make scalloped potatoes with cream soup from a can ever again. This recipe is easy and delicious!"