Ultimate Panini for Two Recipe
Here's a great option for a hearty lunch or dinner. “Sometimes I crave caramelized onions. I wanted to pair them with something special, and this sandwich is just that.”—Charlene Brogan Falmouth, Maine
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 4 garlic-flavored sandwich pickle slices
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 2. Layer the cheese, ham, tomato, pickles and caramelized onion on two bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- 3. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 405 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1188mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Ultimate Panini for Two
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2017 Edited Feb. 6, 2017
"This was very easy to make and very good."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC