- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 garlic-flavored sandwich pickle slices
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Layer the cheese, ham, tomato, pickles and caramelized onions on four bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ultimate Panini
Sort By :
This was fantansic. We live in Costa Rica so ingredients are hard to find at times. My husband loved these, will definitly make these again. Gracias!
I made these for 12 people. They raved about them. So delicious & a favorite!!!
Very nice recipe
I am ready to try this one looks really good
The taste was fabulous! Loved it. It's a little messy to make, buy my philosophy is the messier the better!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Ham Sandwich Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >