- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, sunflower kernels and flax. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, salt and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 9 cups.
Reviews for Ultimate Fruity Granola
"I make this granola all the time. It is delicious with greek yogurt. I like the banana chips and dried california apricots, but great with dried cherries and prune bits. Substitute pumpkin seeds or another nut. The maple syrup is the key, it smells great. This one is a winner."
"this is amazing! I omitted banana chips and apricots because I didn't have them on hand, although I bet they still would've been tasty. instead I doubled the cranberries and added a 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. so good with yogurt and fruit. definitely will make again, and try all sorts of nut and fruit variations!"
"I forgot to mention that I've made it several times with palm sugar (low glycemic-index sugar) and it was just as good as with the brown sugar."
"I'm addicted to this stuff. I've made it at least 10 times and have it every day with yogurt. The recipe makes a lot, so every time I make it I put some in jars which I decorate and give away to someone."
"Just making my second batch of this now. I usually get bored with breakfast foods like this but I loved it. I have it with fruit/berries and yoghurt most mornings."