Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies Recipe
As someone who grew up in the country, I love getting out into nature whenever I can. I also love home-style recipes, including these yummy brownies. —Carol Prewett, Cheyenne, Wyoming
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chunks.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC