- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chunks.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies
Sort By :
"This brownie recipe has replaced every brownie recipe I own, even the recipe that won 1st place at the county fair I was a judge at years ago! That says it all! : )"
"If I could give these brownies 10 stars, I would! Easy to make, quick, common ingredients, & a 9x13 pan of super-delicious treats that made everyone in my family happy! Satisfied the chocolate craving of two kids. Moist. I cut the sugar to 1 2/3 cups, & used a 12 oz. bag of semisweet chocolate chips. Will make these often!"
"Easy to make and delicious. Always have these ingredients on hand except the chocolate chunks. I used a heaping cup of chocolate chips as I alway have those in my pantry. Will definitely make again."
"I've been making these since around 1980 - when they were published on the Hershey's can! Back when it used to be in a can. I lost the recipe for awhile, but found it on their website. These are out favorites, but there is no way these make 3 dozen! They're also on my blog as they are a family favorite."
"Delicious brownies! I don't like super sweet so I used 1 1/2 cups sugar and substituted half of the butter for coconut oil and they came out great!"