- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chunks.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies
Sort By :
"If I could give these brownies 10 stars, I would! Easy to make, quick, common ingredients, & a 9x13 pan of super-delicious treats that made everyone in my family happy! Satisfied the chocolate craving of two kids. Moist. I cut the sugar to 1 2/3 cups, & used a 12 oz. bag of semisweet chocolate chips. Will make these often!"
"Easy to make and delicious. Always have these ingredients on hand except the chocolate chunks. I used a heaping cup of chocolate chips as I alway have those in my pantry. Will definitely make again."
"I've been making these since around 1980 - when they were published on the Hershey's can! Back when it used to be in a can. I lost the recipe for awhile, but found it on their website. These are out favorites, but there is no way these make 3 dozen! They're also on my blog as they are a family favorite."
"Delicious brownies! I don't like super sweet so I used 1 1/2 cups sugar and substituted half of the butter for coconut oil and they came out great!"
"These were very good! We followed the recipe almost exactly, but substituted coconut oil for the butter. Delicious!"