Ultimate Corn Bread Recipe
We agree with Nita Cameron who says that her corn bread recipe is out of this world. “I think it’s the tastiest corn bread I’ve ever had,” says the Tacoma, Washington reader.
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1-1/4 cups butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ultimate Corn Bread in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Ultimate Corn Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cajun Bread Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Vegetarian Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cornbread Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >