- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; add batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ultimate Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"What do you put if you don't have applesauce? Help please"
"So tender and yummy! This one is a keeper!"
"Made it for the first time tonight! It is great! I also used 4 eggs instead of the egg substitute. I checked it after 40 minutes and it was done. Very moist!"
"This is now our favorite cake. Very moist and very easy to make."
"This cake has become my families favorite. Moist and chocolatey, easy and quick to prepare. I use five whole eggs instead. After cooling, I sprinkle it lightly with powdered sugar to make it eye appealing as well as taste appealing."