- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; add batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ultimate Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"I tried this yesterday. I didn't like it. The consistency was sort of rubbery. Not very sweet either."
"I am diabetic and tried this cake. I did not like it. I guess I am just used to a sweeter cake."
"I made this cake for Easter and I was very happy with the result. It was moist, lovely spongy texture, and not too sweet. I served it with raspberry and vanilla ice cream. I did use 4 eggs instead of the substitute. It did give it an eggy odor so maybe next time I will try the substitute. I'd like to try other flavors using this as a formula to keep calories down."
"What do you put if you don't have applesauce? Help please"
"So tender and yummy! This one is a keeper!"