Ultimate Chocolate Cake Recipe
Semisweet chocolate chips add rich flavor to this moist chocolaty cake that's lower in fat. Slices of it are excellent for dessert or a snack. —Kay McMicken of Charlotte, North Carolina
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; add batter.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
One piece equals 266 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC