Ultimate Chocolate Cake
Semisweet chocolate chips add rich flavor to this moist chocolaty cake that's lower in fat. Slices of it are excellent for dessert or a snack.
Kay McMicken of Charlotte, North Carolina
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in
- chocolate chips. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray
- and dust with flour; add batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners'
- sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 266 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.