Ultimate Cheese Bread Recipe
"Loaded with mushrooms and cheese, this festive-looking garlic bread is a great party appetizer," remarks Carolyn Hayes from Marion, Illinois. Accompanied by soup or salad, it's hearty enough to serve as a meal."
- 1 unsliced loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cut bread diagonally into 1-1/2-in. slices to within 1/2 in of bottom. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut cheese into 1-in. squares. Place one cheese square and one mushroom if desired into each slit. Combine butter and garlic powder; spoon over the bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 245 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Ultimate Cheese Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC