I created these after Halloween, when I had way too much candy left over. You can make them with any mini chocolate candy, but if you use peanut butter cups, throw them in the freezer just before unwrapping so the chocolate won’t stick to the paper. —Tara John, Plymouth, Minnesota
- 7 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 27 Reese's mini peanut butter cups
- 27 miniature Snickers candy bars
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place Butterfinger candy bars in a food processor; process until ground. In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups ground candy bars until blended. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining ground candy bars. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until tops are cracked.
Immediately press a piece of candy into the center of each cookie. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ultimate Candy Bar Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Ultimate Candy Bar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review