Ultimate Breakfast Burritos
Pamela Shank says she's recently started eating healthier foods and this is one of her favorite breakfasts at home in Parkersburg, West Virginia. Full of peppery eggs and crunchy veggies, it's also easy to make and so satisfying, she adds.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute
- mushrooms and peppers in oil until tender. Transfer to a small bowl;
- keep warm.
- Add egg substitute and pepper to the pan; cook and stir over medium
- heat until eggs are set.
- Spoon vegetable mixture and eggs off-center on each tortilla; top
- with cheese, salsa and sour cream. Fold sides and ends over filling
- and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burrito equals 294 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,