Ultimate Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and peppers in oil until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; keep warm.
- 2. Add egg substitute and pepper to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set.
- 3. Spoon vegetable mixture and eggs off-center on each tortilla; top with cheese, salsa and sour cream. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burrito equals 294 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.