Pamela Shank says she's recently started eating healthier foods and this is one of her favorite breakfasts at home in Parkersburg, West Virginia. Full of peppery eggs and crunchy veggies, it's also easy to make and so satisfying, she adds.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add egg substitute and pepper to same skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- Spoon vegetable mixture and scrambled eggs across center of each tortilla; top with cheese, salsa and sour cream. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ultimate Breakfast Burritos in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p57
Reviews for Ultimate Breakfast Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review