- Grease a 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk first 10 ingredients. Dip each slice
- of bread into egg mixture. Arrange slices into prepared dish. Pour
- remaining egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to
- 350°. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Spread
- over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center
- comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with
- syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without syrup) equals 612 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 250 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.