I found this recipe a long time ago. It has become our traditional side dish for every Chanukah and Passover feast and is a favorite of young and old alike…a great complement to chicken or turkey.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 large), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 package (12 ounces) pitted dried plums, halved
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the sweet potatoes, carrots and plums. Combine the orange juice, water, honey, brown sugar and cinnamon; pour over vegetables.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; dot with butter. Bake 45-60 minutes longer, carefully stirring every 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 262 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC