Tzatziki Shrimp Cucumber Rounds Recipe
I created this recipe with what I had on hand one night, and now it’s one of my husband’s favorites! The bacon-wrapped shrimp, garlicky sauce and burst of cool cuke flavor make this a crowd pleaser. —SHANNON ROSE FLAHERTY, HAMPTON BAYS, NEW YORK
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 6 bacon strips
- 24 peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, tails removed
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, chopped cucumber, garlic salt and dill; set aside.
- 2. Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise and then lengthwise. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp. Secure with toothpicks.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp.
- 4. Spoon a rounded 1/2 teaspoon yogurt sauce onto each cucumber slice; top with shrimp. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 27 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC