Two-toned Angel Food Candy
This recipe is truly divine! For an extra-fresh presentation, make the candy ahead of time and dip it the day it’s needed.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil with
- butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar
- and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is
- dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy
- thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda. Immediately pour into
- prepared pan. Do not spread candy. Cool.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Gently peel off foil; break candy
- into pieces. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth.
- Dip candies in coating, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed
- paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ounce equals 174 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.