Two-Tone Spice Cake Recipe
I"m known for bringing delectable desserts to church functions. The combination of spice cake and sweet sour cream frosting is a pleasant surprise for people. —:Peggy Leibitzke, San Diego, California
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- SOUR CREAM FROSTING:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 5 to 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs; one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. stir in nuts. Spread into two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. beat in sour cream and vanilla. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- 4. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter. Cool for 2 minutes; spread over top of cake, allowing some to drip down the sides. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 622 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Two-Tone Spice Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC