- beating well after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients; add
- to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. stir in nuts.
- Spread into two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. beat
- in sour cream and vanilla. Spread between layers and over top and
- sides of cake.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter. Cool for
- 2 minutes; spread over top of cake, allowing some to drip down the
- sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 622 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.