- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- SOUR CREAM FROSTING:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 5 to 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs; one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. stir in nuts. Spread into two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. beat in sour cream and vanilla. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter. Cool for 2 minutes; spread over top of cake, allowing some to drip down the sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Two-Tone Spice Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p146
Reviews for Two-Tone Spice Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review