Two-Tone Potato Wedges
Better than french fries, these tasty potatoes have just the right touch of garlic and Parmesan cheese. "This is the only way my daughter will eat sweet potatoes, and she loves 'em!" notes Marie Nicolau Schumacher of Larchmont, New York.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut each potato and the sweet potato into eight wedges; place in a
- large resealable plastic bag. Add the oil, salt and pepper; seal bag
- and shake to coat. Arrange in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes; sprinkle
- with cheese and garlic. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until golden
- brown, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 potato wedges equals 151 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.