Two-Tone Grilled Cheese Recipe
“My family loves these quick-to-fix sandwiches,” says Rhonda Beckett, who makes them with two kinds of bread and two kinds of cheese. TIP: “I serve them with tomato-vegetable soup and milk for a wholesome nutritious meal,” notes the Independence, Missouri cook.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Spread desired amount of butter over one side of each slice of whole wheat bread. Spread mayonnaise over one side of each slice of white bread.
- 2. Place whole wheat bread, buttered side down, on a hot griddle. Layer with American and Swiss cheese; top with white bread, mayonnaise side up. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 389 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Two-Tone Grilled Cheese
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC