Two-Tone Grilled Cheese Recipe
“My family loves these quick-to-fix sandwiches,” says Rhonda Beckett, who makes them with two kinds of bread and two kinds of cheese. TIP: “I serve them with tomato-vegetable soup and milk for a wholesome nutritious meal,” notes the Independence, Missouri cook.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Spread desired amount of butter over one side of each slice of whole wheat bread. Spread mayonnaise over one side of each slice of white bread.
- Place whole wheat bread, buttered side down, on a hot griddle. Layer with American and Swiss cheese; top with white bread, mayonnaise side up. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Two-Tone Grilled Cheese in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p18
Reviews for Two-Tone Grilled Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review