Two-Tone Fudge Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; stir in the marshmallow creme until melted and blended.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour 2-1/2 cups into a large bowl; stir in chocolate chips and walnuts until chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. Add the butterscotch chips to the remaining marshmallow mixture; stir until chips are melted. Pour over the chocolate layer and gently spread to cover. Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- 4. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; carefully peel off foil. Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-3/4 pounds.
1 piece: 85 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Two-Tone Fudge
"I make this every year. It is delish!"
"This fudge is delicious and it is easy since you only have to make 1 batch and add different ingredients at the end. I did have a small problem getting the 2 layers to stick together when I cut the fudge, but they were easy to put back together. I gave it as gifts and everyone loved it."