Two-Tone Christmas Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 9 drops green food coloring
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 9 drops red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Additional chopped pistachios, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half. Stir green food coloring, milk and nuts into one portion; mix well. Add red food coloring and jam to the other half.
- 2. Between two pieces of waxed paper, shape each portion into an 8-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Place one green rectangle on a piece of plastic wrap. Top with one pink rectangle; press together lightly. Repeat, forming a second stack. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove one stack from the refrigerator at a time. Unwrap dough; cut in half lengthwise. Return one portion to the refrigerator. Cut remaining portion into 1/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 4. Drizzle cooled cookies with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with additional pistachios if desired. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Two-Tone Christmas Cookies
"they are pretty good"
"Gros succès ici!"
"These were east ti make and had a nice flavor. Be sure not to over bake them."