Two-Tone Cheesecake Recipe
"Looking to create an original for the Alaska State Fair contest, I came up with this creamy cheesecake," notes field editor Cindi Paulson of Anchorage. "It won Grand Champion!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- 3. Remove 3-1/2 cups to a small bowl; gently stir in melted chocolate. Pour filling over crust. Gently pour remaining filling over chocolate layer. Bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until center is almost set.
- 4. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Meanwhile, place chopped chocolate in a small bowl.
- 5. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly; gently pour over cheesecake. Cover and chill overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 432 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC