- 1-1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Remove 3-1/2 cups to a small bowl; gently stir in melted chocolate. Pour filling over crust. Gently pour remaining filling over chocolate layer. Bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Meanwhile, place chopped chocolate in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly; gently pour over cheesecake. Cover and chill overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTwo-Tone Cheesecake
"I made this last night and it was amazing! I followed the recipe except for making 2 of the cream cheese low fat. Everything in this recipe is perfect except for the estimated time of making it. It is easy to make but in my convection oven it took 90 min. to bake, then with one hour cooling before putting the chocolate on top, the whole process was 3 hours before putting it in the frig overnight. Well worth it though! Yummy :)"
"i have been making this since it first appeared in ToH and it is a favorite for sure."
"I cut down on the amount if chocolate and use 4 squares in the cheesecake and 4 squares in the ganache. My family loves this and I make it several times a year."
"My family gives this cheesecake to friends and coworkers at Christmas and everyone looks forward to receiving it every year! I double the recipe and make a 9-inch and 2 7-inch cheesecakes at a time. It freezes nicely and travels great."
"I am 11, and made this yesterday. I think anybody my age and up should be able to follow the directions and make the cheesecake. It was really good and everyone loved it."
"this recipe is to die for !!! its THAT good!!! and it looks pretty to serve as well. I highly recommend it .... i think i'll go have another piece right now :)"
"This was my first cheesecake and it has been my favorite. I've made others and have gotten may compliments but this is the recipe I go to first for a sure win and it's easy."
"awesome cheesecake. rich & delicious - I love this cheesecake!"