Two-Tone Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red and green liquid food coloring
- Red colored sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide dough in half; with food coloring, tint half red and half green. Shape each portion into a rough log, then place logs on sheets of parchment paper.
- 2. Roll dough in paper into an even, smooth 8-in. log, using a ruler to compact log and to squeeze out air as you go. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until slightly firm.
- 3. Cut each log in half lengthwise. Press red and green halves together. Tightly wrap each roll in plastic wrap; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 4. To prepare cookies: Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 cookie: 100 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Two-Tone Butter Cookies
"these are easy and tasty"
"do u mean freezing should take place for 6 hours not 6 months?"