Two-Tone Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- Pierce russet and sweet potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender. Set sweet potatoes aside.
- Cut a third off the top of each russet potato; scoop out pulp, leaving skins intact. Place pulp in a bowl; mash with 1/3 cup sour cream, milk, cheese, 2 tablespoons chives and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Cut off the tip of each sweet potato; scoop out pulp, leaving skins intact. Mash pulp with remaining sour cream, chives and salt. Stuff mixture into half of each potato skin; spoon russet potato filling into other half. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Two-Tone Baked Potatoes(3)
Sort By :
Love this recipe as we can have both sweet and white potatoes in one meal, easily! The potato filling is wonderful! Had to search for this recipe online as I couldn't find it in my books, but wouldn't give up until I had it!
I started making these when the recipe first came out for the holidays. Everyone loves them! Now they get a taste of both kinds of potatoes. I make them of ahead of time, refrigerate, covered, let set on counter for 30 minutes and bake (it takes longer) until heated.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes >